LED Lights are one the latest inventions of scientist for reducing the negative effects of conventional bulbs to the environment. Studies have shown that LEDs produce less carbon which can be very useful to get rid of the ill effect of global warming and they can be useful in nowadays home. They are definitely worth the money!!
LED Lights come in different shapes and sizes. Nowadays, suppliers are able to custom made led designs such as: their name, logos, sign etc……
Reasons why LEDs are important
1. Battery life. LEDs are notable for being extremely long-lasting products as many of them have a rated life of up to 50,000 hours. It is 50 times longer than a typical light product. Used 12 hours a day, a 50,000 bulb will last more than 11 years. Used 8 hours a day, it will last 17 years. Look at how good is that!
2. LED bulbs lead to lesser operating costs. The LED lights represent a significant return on investment (ROI) both in material costs and in savings of personnel time to replace the bulbs. In addition, LED Lights utilize half the electricity of their predecessor, the halogen light. It reduces the energy used and provides significant operational savings to the medical facility over time.
3. Improve Safety with LEDs. Safety is perhaps the most overlooked reason why it is important. The number one hazard when it comes to lighting is the emission of heat. LEDs emit almost no forward heat whereas traditional does. Only 10% of the energy powering incandescent lights is actually used for light. Additionally, LEDs consume less power so it can operate effectively on low-voltage electrical system. Lastly, because it consume less power, they can operate effectively on low-voltage electrical system which are generally safe in the event that something goes wrong.
4. Used for different things. LEDs are currently used for various application such as: residential, aerospace industry, broadcasting, entertainment and gaming. It also can be used as a table lamp, night lights or security lights. Since they are so small, they can be used in virtually any application you can think of. They can be combined in bunches for a traditional bulb, used in isolation as a small device light, or strung out in a linear fashion. Just about everything you can think of can be done with LEDs.
5. LEDs have great color rendering index (CRI).This can reveal the actual color of objects as compared to an ideal light source like natural light. High CRI is generally a desirable characteristic, depends on the application. They generally have very high good ratings when it comes to CRI. It will allow clearer color image for customer to take pictures with it.
Perhaps you can see the following pictures about 2 side walk where 1 of them is a traditional lighting solution like sodium vapor lamps and the other is LED Lighting with a high CRI.
6. LEDs love the cold unlike fluorescent lamps. At low temperatures, higher voltage is required to start a fluorescent lamp, and luminous flux is decreased. However, LED performance increases as operating temperatures drop. This makes LEDS a natural fit for refrigerated display cases, freezers and cold storage spaces in addition to outdoor applications such as the parking lot and building perimeter. LEDs under cold temperature won’t affect the light brightness and will continue to be white no matter what.
Some pictures from their website
10 Jalan Besar, #03-41, Sim Lim Tower. Singapore 208787
Monday to Friday: 11am-7pm
Closed on PH